Pressure, driving conditions and temperature can turn a windscreen chip into a large crack. A cracked windscreen can shatter at any minute. Without the windscreen in the vehicle the roof can cave in. Do not drive anywhere when you notice a chip. Call the service professionals at Mechanics 2 U and will seal the crack or repair your windscreen and have you safely back on the road in no time!
Why Work With Mechanics 2 U
- Proper Windscreen Repair: Our mechanics use the highest quality resin, primers and adhesive to ensure your windscreen is in the best shape.
- Peace of Mind: All of the glass work we do is backed by the Repco Nationwide Guarantee.
- We Come to You: Our team comes to you whether that means at your home, at the office or at the market. No matter where you are, we can repair your car issues.
How is Windscreen Repair Performed
Windscreen repair is a delicate matter. The chip in the glass must be sealed with the appropriate resin. The resin is then set with ultraviolet light. If the chip has turned into a crack and the crack is larger, the entire windscreen will need to be replaced. In this case the windscreen will need to be removed, a new windscreen ordered, the surroundings cleaned, a primer set down and then adhesive put into place to seal the windscreen. The process of repairing a windscreen may take from a half an hour to an hour and may need some time to set when everything is in place.
Effects of Chipped Windscreens
Windscreen chips can turn into serious cracks and cause the windscreen to shatter. Things which affect the condition of the windscreen include:
- Pressure which can turn chips into a full blown crack.
- Extreme temperature can cause the crack or chip to get bigger.
- During the winter the crack in the windscreen may be more likely to get larger and horizontal cracks may spread.
- In the summer months the higher temperatures may turn small chips into vertical cracks.
Call the team at Mechanics 2 U and we will repair your auto glass in no time!
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 7:30 am am to 5:00 pm